The ICIR Opens Application For Program Manager
The International Centre for Investigative Reporting (ICIR) is recruiting to fill the position of Program Manager.
This opportunity allows qualified candidates to spend time working alongside other professionals who truly care about their work and are committed to doing the job possible in their daily assignments.
If you’re a young and worthy candidate who needs empowerment and enhancement to further hone your skills in your chosen career, TheICIR will help you achieve your goals.
Summary of the role
TheICIR says the Program Manager will report to the Executive Director. S/he provides administrative, financial, contractual, and management oversight for a portfolio of projects. S/he will work with the program team to ensure projects achieve quality programming and development outcomes.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Accountable for managing project financial and contractual performance targets and leading monthly project financial reviews, technical deliverables, and troubleshooting any issues.
- Works with the program team to ensure that technical activities and deliverables are high quality and implemented per the contract scope of work and approved work plan.
- Proactively identifies and analyses risk areas and advises the relevant stakeholders on preventative measures.
- Served as the primary point of contact for operational and financial matters related to project implementation.
- Manages resource needs for performance and encourages collaboration within the broader organization.
- Responsible for project outcomes by providing the necessary support for target teams to succeed.
- Participates and provides support to program teams during strategic planning sessions.
- Develop proposal and terms of reference as the need arises.
- Manage budget realignments, contract modifications, and subcontract modifications.
- Participates in research, pre-positioning and/or proposal management for opportunities
- Managing project budgets and advising on options to keep the budget on track
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, master budget etc.
- Produce reports to suit relevant stages of the projects.
Requirements & Specifications
- Interested candidates should have a minimum of the first degree in any social science discipline, especially in economics, data science, statistics and business.
- 5-10 years of progressive work experience in a program management capacity.
- A Master’s Degree or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience leading and producing competitive proposals
- Demonstrable experience in the management of program complete life cycle
- Excellent project planning, management, and monitoring & evaluation skills
- Demonstrable business acumen and global agility, including an in-depth understanding of financial and budget planning.
- An excellent communicator with brilliant leadership, negotiation, and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and IT skills, including strong reporting/presentation skills and familiarity with a wide range of IT applications
- Outstanding interpersonal, highly motivated and driven with a passion for delivering to the client
- Build the capacity of the place teams to deliver on programme deliverables, reporting, and financial management.
Deadline for application submission: 31st March 2023
Read Also: Media Party and ICFJ Invite Journalists, Professionals To AI Workshops