The Patriot Institute of Journalism and Arts (PIJA), Lance Magazine is a public-centric independent media organisation dedicated to fighting injustice, fostering social justice and community development through the telling and retelling of the marginalised-oriented stories.
Graduate Job Opens At MasterCard For Application
MasterCard Foundation Incorporated (NYSE: MA) or MasterCard Worldwide is an American multinational financial services corporation headquartered in the MasterCard International Global Headquarters, Purchase, New York, United States, in Westchester County.
At Mastercard, we are committed to supporting our diverse and inclusive workforce across the globe. As part of that commitment, we offer generous benefit programs that are designed using global standards to ensure the financial, emotional, and medical safety of all our employees and their loved ones.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the job at MasterCard Foundation Nigeria.
- Executive Assistant, Legal and Compliance
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
- Reporting to the General Counsel, the role will be responsible to provide executive and administrative support to the General Counsel and the in-house Legal & Compliance (L&C) team and will undertake a variety of work, including calendar management, meeting support, travel, file maintenance and invoicing.
- Manage scheduling for the General Counsel and L&C leadership team, including calendar meeting requests.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure schedules are followed and respected, and act as a ‘gatekeeper’ while ensuring access to the leadership team.
- Schedule meetings and coordinate related logistics, such as room bookings, refreshments, and document preparation for all attendees.
- Manage agenda, take minutes at meetings, and distribute as appropriate.
- Lead follow up of key action items for the leadership team, ensuring that the L&C leadership team is prepared for meetings and correspondence and work runs smoothly.
- Manage travel in coordination with the travel team and office coordinator and team assistants, including extensive global travel, accommodation reservations, ground transport, travel visas and immunizations.
- Prepare and submit expense reports accurately and efficiently in line with organizational policies.
- Handle highly sensitive and confidential matters relating to the daily activities of the department.
- Prepare, draft, and revise correspondence, agreements, and other documents.
- Maintain listing of global legal contacts and familiarize with key contacts.
- Undertake all file management and housekeeping procedures to ensure filing constantly up to date.
- Provide support in development of systems and processes that support efficient and effective management of all communications, record-keeping and filing systems. Coordinate and consolidate information in order to meet deadlines.
- Manage and monitor large volumes of files, electronic and paper.
- Maintain and update internal policies and legal documentation.
- Liaise with external legal counsel and/or other Foundation staff on documentation and administrative or confidential matters as well as on various issues.
- Build and maintain relationships with both staff and external resources
Qualifications and Requirements:
- College diploma or University degree is required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an executive assistant.
- Previous experience working in a law firm or in-house legal department is a benefit.
- High level of proficiency with current technology including Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Excellent planning, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills in English; written and spoken.
- An ability to work well under pressure and remain calm during high volume periods.
- Comfortable taking instructions, following through on assignments, and managing ongoing tasks.
- Ability to support more than one professional and to undertake additional responsibilities.
- Professional demeanor, sensitivity with different cultures and impeccable integrity.
- Team player, who can also work independently with little direction or supervision and possess ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Deadline: Sep 05, 2022